I love it when I come across other homeschooling families who are sharing their techie-ness with others.
Enter the Gore family. Phillip, a web app developer noticed his wife filling out her paper schedule to plan their family's homeschool lessons and got a great idea. Seeing that she used flexible time frames rather than rigid dates on a calendar, he realized how valuable a flexible homeschool scheduling app would be.
With Lanaya's help, Phillip has designed Flexible School Schedule, a homeschool planning app that plans around the pace of each child and the life of the family, not rigid dates and times on a calendar. It’s structured enough to keep you on track but flexible enough to let life happen.
The Gore's need your help. They've been planning and preparing for Flexible School Schedule, but completion of the project will require Phillip to cut back on his client work and focus on coding the app. They've launched a Kickstarter campaign, offering rewards (like discounted subscriptions) in exchange for your pledges.
How is the Flexible HomeSchool App Schedule unique?
One of the reasons many of us chose to homeschool was so each child could move at their own pace. And when we homeschool, life still happens (sickness, family, even the occasional bit of fun). Rigid plans are not workable plans because homeschool life is rarely rigid. With Flexible School Schedule you can plan your year by flexible terms and weeks per term, not rigid dates and times on a calendar that tend come undone once real life begins to happen.
Can one child go faster with math? Does another need to go a little slower with reading? Flexible School Schedule can handle it. Even if you must stop school for a couple of days,
simply pick back up right where you left off. No alerts screaming that you’re falling behind and no piling up supposedly overdue work onto the current day. Move through each subject at the
proper pace for each child.
Flexible School Schedule is about recording what you actually did, when you did it and how long it took you to do it. Progress bars provide an overview of each child’s advancement. Beautifully formatted, customizable and printable reports keep your records up to date and assist you with fulfilling state requirements.
Flexible School Schedule works with your life, not against it.
How to plan your techie homeschool with Flexible School Schedule
The Gore's have designed Flexible School Schedule around the way they, real-life homeschooling parents, plan their family's home education. With this app, you…
1. Gather Your Thoughts: As you homeschool, all kinds of ideas and plans come to mind. But you may not be ready to act on them. The scratchpad is a great place to jot them down so you won't forget.
2. Collect Your Resources: As your homeschool library grows and as you find more and more resources online, it can be difficult to remember what you have and where everything is. The Flexible School Schedule resource list can help. Simply enter a video link, website link or book into the list so you always know what you have and where to find it.
3. Layout Your School Year: Plan your year in flexible terms and weeks per term, not rigid dates and times on a calendar. Homeschool life is rarely rigid. Children go at their own pace. Life happens and we need to stop for a day or two. Flexible school schedule allows you to speed up or slow down as needed. You can even stop and just start back up right where you left off.
4. Plan Your Subjects: Focus on each child’s individual needs and pace as you plan what subjects you’ll teach. You can schedule subjects to be taught as many times per week or per term as each child and each subject requires.
5. Record Your Progress: As you progress through the school year, mark each lesson complete when it is done. Enter what you did, when you did it and how long you spent doing it. Progress bars will give you an overview of your child’s progress for the year, the term and on a per subject basis.
6. Report Your Accomplishments: You can create custom reports. Simply select what data you would like to see and click “print” to get beautifully formatted reports that accurately represent your efforts, perfect for your records and to assist with fulfilling state requirements.
Does this method of techie homeschool planning make sense to you? Would you like an app like this to become a reality? CLICK HERE to head on over to the Flexible School Schedule Kickstarter project page and support another homeschooling family today!
Want some techie homeschooling tips and inspiration delivered to your inbox? Sign up here for weekly-ish emails from me.